Dear All,

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and clarifications. As Eleanor and Garib wrote, I cannot find real differences in map quality or statistics after refinement depending if I set or not the resolution edges.

This is more a matter of how the remarks in the pdb are recorded for validation/deposition for which a big red exclamation mark is pointing to the mismatch values. This is happening only when the ccp4i2 interface is used for refmab but not with ccp4i. Maybe a script problem for the pdb remark data extrapolation?

Also if I manually set the resolution I found that the pdb remark is still not correct exactly (in ccp4i2). But when I ran with the same files a refmac refinement using the ccp4i interface, everything is running smoothly and perfectly with no “error” at all.

Just as an open question: As seems more a pdb file writing issue than a refinement problem, correcting the pdb file manually writing with a text editor in in the remark the exact low resolution, could be also a fix or can be considered as faking the file? ( I didn’t test it yet, just mornings idea…)

All the best,

Roberto

Dr. Roberto Orru, Ph.D.

Insitute of molecular biology (IMB) and

JGU - Institut für Molekulare Physiologie (AG Prof. Wolf)

Mainz, Germany