Absolutely you should optimise! It's impossible to predict crystal behaviour. I had a 20 A crystal, and I set a new plate in the same reservoir with an additive screen and got a 3A crystal. It was probably a completely different crystal to be honest, lattice, etc, but one never knows, you just have to try. You can also try using the low res crystal as a seed. Plus a million other things.

Paul Steven Miller (PhD)
Postdoctoral Researcher
University of Oxford
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
Division of Structural Biology
Roosevelt Drive
Oxford
OX3 7BN