Postdoctoral Position in Biochemistry and X-ray Crystallography

At Rice University

A postdoctoral position in structural biology is available in the Shamoo Lab
at Rice University.  The successful candidate must have experience in X-ray
crystallography as well as biochemistry. Candidates should hold a PhD degree
in biophysics or biochemistry and have a good publication record.

Additional useful experience in one or more of these technical areas is also
desirable:

*         Protein purification

*         Enzyme kinetics

*         Ligand (DNA/RNA) binding studies

Our group studies the evolution of antibiotic resistance in clinical
pathogens. We use a combination of experimental evolution, genomics and
biochemical approaches to understand the biophysical basis for newly evolved
resistances. Experience with writing manuscripts and grants is also
desirable. Candidates must also have very good interpersonal skills to work
in our highly interdisciplinary research team and be able to assist in the
mentoring of students.

Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and the names of three
references to [log in to unmask]

Yousif Shamoo, Ph.D.

Rice University

Vice Provost for Research