Dear All,

I'm pleased to say that CAS is holding a joint talk with BCS London Central Branch on Thursday 15th March: starts at 6:30pm. This is at BCS London in Southampton Street. I will be speaking on the following:

The Future of Computer Art: What can we express through computation?

Artists have always exploited technology and computers are no exception, providing a rich expressive medium.  But what can it tell us about ourselves, our culture, creativity and Society?

Founded in 1968, the Computer Arts Society has long explored such ideas. From early artworks using cybernetics, to algorithmic systems involving evolution and growth, to artists using the blockchain, immersive technologies, AI and robotics, the Society has provided a forum for the latest thinking in the arts and computing.

In this talk, Nick Lambert will introduce the Society's history, its major themes and a selection of forward-thinking artists who exemplify new concepts and directions.

Dr Nicholas Lambert is the Chair of the Computer Arts Society. He is a researcher at Ravensbourne and lecturer in digital art and culture in the School of Arts at Birkbeck, University of London.

All Welcome. Register here

http://www.londoncentral.bcs.org/events/register.php?today=20180315180000

Hope to see you there,

Nick

Dr Nick Lambert (DPhil Oxon)
Head of Research
Ravensbourne
6, Penrose Way, North Greenwich
London SE10 0EW
Mobile: 0781 0381 458

Honorary Research Fellow
Department of Film, Media and Cultural Studies
Birkbeck, University of London