Back to one of the things I pointed out in my poetry and academia article - a trackable difference of certain aspects between American post-avon (or whatever) writers from within academia/education and those outside it. If someone can make the case that this difference is not there then fine, but if the difference is there then it points to the difference having an affect on the writing itself - I don't see any other conclusion, whatever we might wish.