I think there's a useful meaning for the Post-modern and for post-modern literature.  The Wikipedia articles on both are not bad, but they don't have much about poetry - the latter is much more about the novel. I like Joseph M. Conte's work on forms of postmodern poetry, with emphasis on the serial poem (I won't repeat his description of this form but it is nuanced) .  The poetic forms specifically respond to and confront a postmodern situation. Even more, Vincent B. Leitch seems to give a meaningful sense to the term - the sense I'd give it myself, if I was clever enough - in "A Postmodern Poetic: Pentti Saarikoski and What's Really Going On" (Postmodernism: Local Effects, Global Flows, 1996) .  Leitch describes the latter poem (from 1962) as the first postmodern Finnish poem. (.whereas Haavikko, starting just a decade earlier, seems modernist.) Pretty much all the alt-poetry we talk about on this forum would class as postmodern, from my perspective. I know others see it a bit differently.