 Thanks!

> Very few writing students will become writers, but they will become better readers.

Important, and not a platitude I think. How do they compare with literature students, in those respects?

Best wishes,
Luke

On 2 March 2018 at 16:59, Jaime Robles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Well, that wasn’t the object of the email, Tim, and frankly I think the questions you pose below are unanswerable.

The object of the email was simply to address the continuing stated and implied belief that Creative Writing programs are part of an established (and conspiratorial?) academic (whatever that means?) system by giving some information about the American academic system, which is not likely known in the UK. There are also many people who make the same criticism about creative writing in US academia that is being made on the list. It’s a question about validity ultimately, but determining validity is based in entirely subjective views of an art form. I’m of the belief that any pursuit and expression of art is valid except Muzak.

The email was also meant to entertain.