My understanding is that there is a very thin line between performance
poetry and page poetry, the main difference being that performance
poetry has only one chance, it has to be understood at the first
hearing, page poetry can be read many times before all its nuances are
taken on board.For me the only time that the venue for performance
poetry needs to be considered is when deciding what poems to read.

John.