Dear All,

Just a reminder that applications for this post close on 4 March. This is a great opportunity to work on a fascinating, nineteenth century collection. Please do email me if you would like to find out more about it.

Thanks
Kiri

Kiri Ross-Jones
Archivist & Records Manager
Library, Art & Archives
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

Assistant Archivist: Miscellaneous Reports Collection Project

Kew is the world’s leading botanic gardens, at the forefront of plant and fungal science, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a major visitor attraction. We want a world where plants and fungi are understood, valued and conserved – because our lives depend on them. We use the power of our science and the rich diversity of our gardens and collections to provide knowledge, inspiration and understanding of why plants and fungi matter to everyone.

We're looking for a motivated and qualified Assistant Archivist to join the team at Kew on this Wellcome Trust funded project.
Your main responsibility will be to develop a comprehensive catalogue of our 771 volumes of correspondence, papers and printed reports, known as the Miscellaneous Reports, which relate to the administration of the British colonial botanic gardens.
Through work on this collection, you will accelerate access to previously unaccessible material and inspire and transform the research community’s understanding of Kew’s nineteenth century role and economic botany.

You'll blog and tweet about your work and also organise a one-day seminar on the collection.

For further information and to apply, please see our website: https://careers.kew.org/vacancy/assistant-archivist-miscellaneous-reports-collection-project-342553.html

Hours of work: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed Term (FTA)
Contract end date: 27 months, fixed term contract
Salary: £27,158 per annum
Directorate: Science
Location: Kew Gardens, Richmond
Closing Date: 04/03/2018