Job Title: Data Analyst / Scientist

Department/Division/Faculty: Infectious Diseases / Medicine

Salary: £35,850 - £43,050 per annum

Campus: Chelsea & Westminster Hospital

Advert text:

Applications are invited for a Data Analyst / Scientist to work with the Neonatal Data Analysis Unit to support a NIHR HS&DR funded research project, OptiPrem, to assess the best place of care for babies born between 27 and 31 weeks gestation in England.

This is a full-time post although applications on a part-time basis will also be considered.

The principal purpose of the post is to link data in the National Neonatal Research Database with Hospital Episode Statistics and Office for National Statistics data, and provide data management and analytical support to the work of the Neonatal Data Analysis Unit on the OptiPrem project. The post holder will be based at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital campus of Imperial College in London, and will work closely with Professor Modi at Imperial College London, Associate Professor Oliver Rivero-Arias (University of Oxford, National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit), and the OptiPrem statistical team led by Professor Brad Manktelow (University of Leicester).

The successful post-holder will hold a relevant BSc/MSc or equivalent degree and will be expected to play a full and active role in the academic life of the Department.

The National Neonatal Research Database is a widely used resource for research, bench-marking, quality improvement, and audit. Prior experience in data linkage, data management and analyses involving large health care databases is essential. Experience of epidemiological and health services research would be highly advantageous. This post is ideal for a self-motivated person and offers opportunities for career development.

Closing date: 25/03/18

Interview date: TBC

Our preferred method of application is online via our website http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment (please select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number including spaces into “Keywords”).  Please complete an application form as directed.

Should you have any queries regarding this role please contact:

Professor Neena Modi through her PA ([log in to unmask])

Should you have any queries regarding the recruitment system or application process please contact:

Emma Da Silva

Senior HR Administrator

0203 313 1016

For technical issues when applying online, please contact: [log in to unmask]

Imperial Expectations guide the behaviour of all our staff.

Committed to equality and valuing diversity, we are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.

The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see https://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-evaluation/

SIGNOFF allstat