List members may be interested to look at webpage http://www.rss.org.uk/RSS/Publications/Journals/Books_for_Review that now lists books available through the RSS for reviewing in Significance or in the Journal. The page also describes the reviewing process.

In particular, I have to hand two new books relating the Stata which need reviews of both the techniques described and their implementation. Hence I'm looking for statisticians who happen to use Stata or would be interested to consider doing so.

Survey Weights: a step-by-step guide to calculation. R. Valliant & J. Dever (Stata Press 2018)

The Mata Book: A book for serious programmers and those who want to be. W Gould (Stata Press 2018)
   [According to the Introduction: "Compared with C, Mata code is easier to write, less error prone, easier to debug, and easier to maintain."]

If interested, email me with a postal address.

Thank you,
Allan

SIGNOFF allstat