Dear Colleagues,

I hope you will be able to help with an issue that is taxing our placement units in relation to the length of a placement year.

Our regulations currently state that in order to qualify for a sandwich award, students must take 48 weeks of placement activity.

Our placement units are saying that this is starting to cause them problems in a number of areas, and would like to make a case that a lower number of weeks should be acceptable, in certain cases.

Please could you let me have the answers to the following questions:

1.     Do you have a minimum and maximum number of weeks that students have to undertake placement activity to gain a sandwich award?

2.     Are there differences between subject areas, or just a university standard?

3.    Do you have any guidance/something in your regs about exceptional circumstances eg where a company goes out of business?

Thanking you in anticipation of your help with this - I will collate responses and post to the list

Have a happy Easter

Judith A Davison
Project Manager

Vice-Chancellor's Office: Planning and Information Services
University of Huddersfield | Queensgate | Huddersfield | HD1 3DH
Please note my usual working days are Tuesday to Friday

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]