Hi Lyn

Thank you for raising this issue - I'm relatively new in post so have been pondering on EDI training

We are in the process of securing new EDI online training - can you tell me which company you are using?

In answer to your questions, at this point I would say:
Induction should be a mixture of compulsory e-learning and face to face depending on role and level of seniority would be my preference - so that the face to face meets local need, is relevant to different roles in the university and is directly linked to our University business plan, KPIs etc
I would see a bit of a distinction between the legal aspects / compliance training and the Inclusion agenda
Legal / compliance:
Compulsory e learning on generic equality and diversity, equality in the workplace, anti-discrimination - all new starters
Compulsory e-learning EIA training for supervisors/ managers and above together with some face to face options to make the EIA process more relevant to different areas of the business
Other e-learning training would include anti hate/bullying, Prevent. These would be supported by face to face training, awareness raising activities and promotional events - and would follow on from the Induction training via individuals performance and development plan
Inclusion:
Included in the mandatory induction e-learning in relation to the protected characteristics , diversity in the workplace, language / respect etc - and then taken forward through awareness raising events, workshops, bespoke training

In reality I am a sole officer so my capacity to provide face to face support around induction is going to be limited - it will depend on who else I can get to support

  *   If you can share your e-learning provider details that would be much appreciated

Kind regards
Gill

Gill Grainger
Head of Equality and Diversity

tel: 01785 353391 or 07796 996906| email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | web: www.staffs.ac.uk<http://www.staffs.ac.uk/>

Staffordshire University, Law Building, Room 020, Stoke on Trent, ST4 2DF

[New Executive Logo April 2015]

[Email footer for all staff]