Dear colleagues,

We are glad to announce that the session "

​​
High-resolution analyses of dental remains: broadening horizons" has been approved by the ICAZ Committee for the 2018 ICAZ conference in Ankara, Turkey.

We hope the session will stimulate dialogue and interaction from various disciplines related to the application of methods that provide high-resolution data about the life history of both human and animal populations. These include a better understanding of individual demographic parameters (ages, sex), individual dietary patterns, territorial mobility, animal husbandry techniques or hunting strategies. The objective of this session is to bring together presentations and discussions on the last advances on the analyzing dental evidences in the archaeological record. Themes are related to palaeoecology and zooarchaeology. Possible topics include but are not limited to stable isotopes, trace-element analysis, cementum analysis, tooth wear or enamel and dentin microstructure. In this session preference will be given to those presentations combining different methodologies and with clear archaeological implications.

Participation in the session includes oral presentations and posters. In both cases, an abstract of the proposal must be submitted online by March 30th directly on the conference web page. The proposal must specify that it is aimed at session "High-resolution analyses of dental remains: broadening horizons". On the conference web page you will find the guidelines for abstract presentation and for posters, as well as information about registration.

We are planning to get all contributions (oral presentations and posters) published in a special issue of a peer-reviewed international journal. We will provide more information about the publication schedule during the ICAZ conference.

You are all welcome to participate in the session. Feel free to make circulate this call for papers to other colleagues who you think might be interested. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Florent Rivals and Carlos Tornero

Session organizers

Florent Rivals
ICREA Research Professor
Institut Català de Paleoecologia Humana i Evolució Social (IPHES)
Zona Educacional 4, Campus Sescelades URV (Edifici W3)
43007 Tarragona, Spain
Phone: (+34) 977 943 003 # ext. 3021