The  Irish Zooarchaeological Working Group (IZWG) was set up in 2006 but
lapsed after a few years. I and other archaeologists working in Ireland are
keen to reinstate it and are having an IZWG meeting in Dublin on March 12th
- details below, and all are welcome. If you are interested in being kept
informed of IZWG meetings, discussions etc but are unable to attend please
email me off-list and i can add your name to our mailing list.
Thanks,
Emily

*What?*A meeting of the Irish Zooarchaeological Working Group (IZWG)

*When?*Monday 12 March, 11am to 2.30pm

*Where?*Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII, formerly NRA), Parkgate
Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08 DK10

*Who is invited?*Zooarchaeologists who are working in Ireland or on Irish
material. Please spread the word to any zooarchaeologists you know because
the IWGP mailing list is very out of date.

*Why now?*IZWG has been a little quiet in recent years, but meetings are
starting again in 2018. IZWG members Fiona Beglane and Emily Murray will
lead the first meeting.
To kick things off, a research project based at UCC (Seeing beyond the
site: Settlement and Landscape in Later Prehistoric Ireland;
https://www.ucc.ie/en/archaeology/research/projects/seeingbeyondthesite/)
and its project partner (Transport Infrastructure Ireland) are supporting
IZWG by providing a venue and lunch for this first meeting of 2018.
Funding is available to support travel costs for zooarchaeologists within
Ireland who wish to participate in the meeting. In advance of the meeting,
please contact the Seeing beyond the site project PI, Dr Katharina Becker (
[log in to unmask]) for details on how to apply for funding.

*What is the schedule for the meeting?*10.30-11.00 Coffee
11.00-13.00 Discussion, including potential for developing guidelines
relating to professional practice in Ireland
13.00-13.30 Lunch
13.30-14.30 Research presentation (Fiona Beglane) and further discussion

*How do I register?*Please email Meriel McClatchie ([log in to unmask])
if you wish to attend. Please email by 5pm on Thursday 08 March at the
latest so that we can order lunch (sandwiches etc.) for you. Please note in
your email if you have any dietary requirements.