Hi,

On 23/02/2018 15:30, Stephen Jones wrote:
> On 23/02/18 14:49, Alessandra Forti wrote:
>> I'm cleaning up the last remnant of YAIM from the new WNs. It now
>> sets mostly env vars and I wonder what people are doing, if they are
>> keeping them or not
>> Mostly I'm curious about the VOs variable set by grid-env.sh
>>
>> VO_$VONAME_SW_DIR
>> VO_$VONAME_DEFAULT_SE
>>
>> is anyone who has moved to ARC/HTCondor removed this stuff or is it
>> still needed? Of course I know for ATLAS neither is needed.
>
> We've recently updated most things to Centos7 (VAC, the BDII, and a
> legacy SL6 cluster are left to do, while DPMs, ARC, Condor, Workers
> and ARGUS are migrated. BTW: We don't use an APEL system now; no need
> for one.)
>
> I think there is no Yaim used now and nobody has complained about
> anything.
>
> I can't see any trace of variables like these on my Centos7
> worker-nodes (neither by accident or by design).
>
> But I still export them in my ARC GLITE runtime env file:
> /etc/arc/runtime/ENV/GLITE, for hysterical reasons!

reasons to keep certain software on the grid are often "hysterical" 😉

if you export them you it means they are set whether they are used or not.

My list of things I assume are still needed is now

SITE_NAME
DPNS_HOST
DPM_HOST
LCG_GFAL_INFOSYS
GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE
GT_PROXY_MODE=rfc

for voms and storage clients. I'm going to setup the testbed only with
these and see what happens.

cheers
alessandra