Hello again,

Sorry for the second email! As I mentioned in my last email, I can replicate SPM8 FIR activation maps in SPM12 by changing the microtime settings in SPM12.

If I use the SPM8 microtime default in SPM12, the global maximum is in the upper right quadrant on the brain (63 68 72). If I use the SPM12 microtime default in SPM12, the global maximum is in the lower right quadrant of the brain (-22 -18 -14). Both analyses result in activation in the upper right and lower right quadrants of the brain, but result in different global maxima.

I'm trying to decide which setting I should have students use; is one of these more correct than the other? Why did the microtime settings change from SPM8 to SPM12? I'd appreciate any recommendations you may have.

Thank you for your guidance!

Best,
Tyler

--
Tyler C. Hein, M.S.
Doctoral Candidate, Developmental Psychology