Postdoctoral studies in Magnetoencephalography (scholarship)

We are seeking a highly talented and enthusiastic researcher with a PhD in neuroimaging awarded within the past three years to work on projects in which magnetoencephalography (MEG) is applied to the problem of how we come to experience limbs as part of our own body.

The research will be conducted at the Brain, Body and Self Laboratory at the Department of Neuroscience (www.ehrssonlab.se). This center has widespread expertise in fMRI and human behavioural experiments. The MEG experiments will be conducted at the recently established “National Facility Magnetoencephalography (www.natmeg.se) that is equipped with a state-of-the-art MEG system (Electa Neuromag TRIUX), complementary physiological recording devices (MEG compatible 128–channel EEG, plethysmography, EMG, ECG, eyetracking), sophisticated stimulus delivery platforms (visual, auditory, olfactory, pain, somatosensory), and a MEG-compatible robot system for tactile stimulation of the hands.

The ideal candidate will have expertise in the acquisition and analysis of MEG data, (preferably on an Elekta TRIUX or Vectorview system), expertise in analysis of MEG data (preferably on FieldTrip and/or MNE), as well as excellent programming skills (preferably including MatLab and Neurobs Presentation). Expertise in analysis of EEG data would be an advantage. The candidate is expected to work on projects in which MEG methods are applied to questions relating to how multisensory signals from the body are integrated at the levels of cortical structures to give rise to dynamic changes in the feeling of ownership of limbs. Good social skills are important as the candidate is expected to actively collaborate with other members of the laboratory, in addition to running his or her own project. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a consistently good academic record, including publications in international journals.

For further details and information about the online application procedure visit:  https://ki.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:192501/

Deadline: 3rd April 2018