Dear John (and all),

We do all the teaching observations for our PGCert by video.  We have a set of small cameras for students to borrow; and plenty will alternatively use either in-room recording equipment, a sports camera (GoPro or similar), a camera borrowed from their institution’s media department, or their smartphone (these work fine for a small group session).  I’m not on campus today but I can find the make of the cameras we have – they’re very simple: record for an hour, then upload via USB.  Sports cameras work well as long as they have the waterproof casing taken off as it muffles the sound!  Small cameras/phones work best if they’re clipped into one of those little bendy tripods, which can then be positioned somewhere suitable and moved around if necessary, depending on the teaching session.  I can send you a copy of our ‘recording tips’ if you’d like, they’re pretty straightforward – more to do with positioning the camera to capture what we need than actually using the technology.

We haven’t lost one yet!

Kind regards,

Hannah

Dr H C Perrin BSc MA PGCHE PGDipHE FHEA PhD

Senior Developer in Veterinary Education

[log in to unmask] | Office: LIVE F8 | (01707 66) 6657

RVC working pattern: Wednesday - Friday