Apologies for cross-posting.  I thought the following might be of interest...

CSI of the Sea (online event)

Every year around 600 porpoises, dolphins and whales (collectively known as cetaceans) strand around the UK coast. Why do these stranding events occur and what role does bycatch (accidental entanglement in fishing gear) play?

Join us for a very special online-only event from behind-the-scenes of ZSL for the opportunity to see a cetacean post-mortem, revealing the important work of the Cetacean Strandings Investigation Programme (CSIP).

Hear from our experts and ask them your questions as we demonstrate how vital information is gathered and analysed, how the cause of death is determined, and what this unique research can tell us about the impact of bycatch on cetaceans in UK waters.

Visit www.zsl.org/csiofthesea to watch the event LIVE on Monday 12th March at 7pm.

CSIP is co-funded by Defra and the Devolved Governments in Scotland and Wales.  Please be aware that the event will feature graphic footage of a post-mortem being conducted in real time.

Charlotte Coales

Coordinator for Public Engagement with Conservation Science

www.zsl.org

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)