Enjoyed it, too, Bill; a real contrast there (yet the younger took that name in homage as much as (his real) snark.

But how personalities react & then react…

Doug

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 11:26 PM, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Sheila, Andrew. The King was a drip to me. MacManus lively,
> irascible, a risk taker whose later works lost me mainly when they got
> over-earnest. Whoda thunk he’d turn out to be an amiable nightshow host!
> It’s a point of difference for most anyway, which Elvis you’d have on your
> toast, so to speak.
>
> Bill
>
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 at 2:11 pm, Andrew Burke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Ah, two sides of Elvis! I much prefer the bespectacled one - he can sing
>> outside the pop charts.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> <
>>>
>> Virus-free.
>> <

>> On 7 February 2018 at 08:30, Sheila Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Pretty intriguing, Bill. Thank you for the portraiture!

>> --
>> Andrew
>> http://hispirits.blogspot.com/
>> Books available through Walleah Press
>> http://walleahpress.com.au

Douglas Barbour
https://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuations 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).
Listen. If (UofAPress):

Swept snow, Li Po,
by dawn’s 40-watt moon