Good Afternoon

Has anyone any recommendations / advice on the OH management of such a request?

A staff member has dyslexia and suffers from minor memory loss. They have been to see OH historically about both issues.

They have now approached their Manager to ask if the windows could be frosted as they find them a distraction due to the condition as they struggle to concentrate. This is both the windows to the outside and also a window within the office door (to allow students/colleagues to see if member of staff is present).

I have been asked if this would be a reasonable adjustment given the condition.  I am aware it is a management decision in terms of what they deem to be reasonable.  However, I would like to go back with some advise if possible.  Would having clear windows be something that would be an issue for some one with dyslexia / minor memory loss? How would frosted windows be beneficial? Has anyone else had any experience of dealing with such a case / query? Keen to see what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.
Adel

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: