I'm sure Jane won't mind if I help any interested Mersenners to find Tony Royle's lecture on 24 February (see below). Very few residents of Belfast could tell you the whereabouts of the Old Museum (and might well direct you to the Ulster Museum, which is fairly old, but not old enough).

Here is the address:
7 College Square North, Belfast, BT1 6AR

Book your free place via the NI Science Festival website:

https://getinvited.to/ni-science-festival/spinning-stalling-and-falling-apart-flight-and-world-war-i/

Jim Bennett

Spinning, Stalling and Falling Apart: Flight and World War I
Saturday 24 February 2018 - 11.00
The Old Museum, Belfast
Tony Royle, historian of mathematics and former airline captain will describe the nature of the contemporary mathematical and engineering debates surrounding flight, and the practical steps taken in Britain to create safer aircraft prior to, and during, WW1. This lecture is run in conjunction with The Belfast Natural History and Philosophical Society and the Northern Ireland Science Festival.