Dear All

I have committed myself to writing something about the relationship between 'my' bishop and his cathedral cities (my bluff was called when I said you couldn't really have a city without a bishop).  I know about my particulars but am finding it difficult to find anything general written about  (preferably late) medieval bishops and their cathedral cities or, indeed, much about other individual bishops.  I am rather hampered by not being able to access the RHS  online bibliography.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?  I know of Rosser and Slater, The Church in the Medieval Town; Swanson, Church and Society and editions of episcopal registers.  I hope to avoid Augustine!

Many thanks in anticipation.
Rosemary Hayes

Dr RCE Hayes
18 Murrayfield Drive