Greetings this wintery day.

I am a reenactor who reads this list. I rarely contribute and apologise for coming to you with aid. Please do not feel constrained to post a reply. I would like to research more fully than I have been able to find information about Irish female monastic habits/clothing. I know there is precious little that we can find. I know there are not actual archaeological sources and precious little in the way of depictions from the period for any clothing whatsoever but have you, in your readings, noticed a source in written work? I find myself defaulting to “Dress in Anglo-Saxon England” as a nearby culture. Surely I am missing a better resource. Have you any suggestions? I have not found anything useful in the writings of the Venerable Bede or St. Patrick. To tell the truth, I hadn’t expected any but I had to try as those were sources I have handily.

Thank you,
Terri Morgan, armchair student of history