Hi everyone

I am pleased to announce that the call for papers for the MeCCSA PGN conference at Canterbury Christ Church University has been extended. If you want to present at this years conference then please send your abstract, of no more than 250 words for a presentation lasting 20 minutes, to [log in to unmask] by Monday 5th March.

This year we welcome all papers around the themes of media, communities and cultures, including, but limited to, the following:

* Community and the Media

* Gendered Communities

* LGBT Community

* Postcolonial Communities

* Communities of Protest

* Disability Communities

* Subcultural Communities

* Postgraduate Community

* Online Communities

* Communities and the past

* Community, Research and Impact

* Local and Global Communities

* Methodologies to research communities

The MeCCSA Postgraduate Network and the local organisers at Canterbury Christ Church University are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for all postgraduate students in Media, Communication and Cultural Studies. Therefore, papers around other themes are also welcome and encouraged.

In addition, the MeCCSA Postgraduate Network is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its Journal, Networking Knowledge. In order to mark this special date, we will publish a guest edition of the journal with papers delivered during the conference.

For panel proposals, please include a brief rationale for the panel and abstracts for all papers, including authors and affiliations.

You will receive a notification from the conference organisers confirming whether your abstract has been accepted by the end of March. We would like to encourage delegates to write the full version of their papers for further peer review and potential inclusion in the anniversary edition of Networking Knowledge. In addition, full papers submitted by 28 June 2018 will enter the Best Paper Award competition. The paper that receives this award will be included in the guest edition of the journal.

We look forward to reading your abstracts. For any queries, please contact us at: [log in to unmask]

Best Wishes

The MeCCSA PGN Conference Organising Committee