I’d like to make HER forum members aware of this course ‘Curating the Palaeolithic: approaches to desk-based assessment and field evaluation’, in the ‘Heritage Practice’ training  programme, to be held at the Historic England Swindon office (aka ‘the Engine House’) on 23 March 2018.

The main goal of the course is that attendees will learn how to consistently make decisions about desk-based assessment and field evaluation for sites with the potential for Palaeolithic remains.

This course is aimed at heritage professionals, in particular planning authority curators, consultants and contractors, and those who aspire to become involved in this sector. It would also be of benefit to anyone with an interest in the Palaeolithic who wants to learn better how to recognise, assess and investigate potentially important sites.

You can get further details including course tutors and booking information from the Historic England website:

https://historicengland.org.uk/services-skills/training-skills/heritage-practice-residential/curating-the-palaeolithic/

You can also find more heritage practice training opportunities here:

https://historicengland.org.uk/services-skills/training-skills/heritage-practice-residential/

Please do pass on to any colleagues/ contacts who you feel would be interested.

Best wishes

Robin

Robin Page

Digital Coordinator

Investigation and Analysis Department

Direct Dial: 01793 414617

Historic England | The Engine House | Fire Fly Avenue |Swindon |SN2 2EH

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/

Historic England Logo

We help people understand, enjoy and value the historic environment, and protect it for the future. Historic England is a public body, and we champion everyone’s heritage, across England.
Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

Help us create a list of the 100 places which tell England's remarkable story and its impact on the world. A History of England in 100 Places sponsored by Ecclesiastical.

We have moved! Our new London office is at 4th Floor, Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.