Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for multiple postings.

As you prepare for the Goldschmidt 2018 conference in Boston, we would like to bring to your attention Session 04e:
Magma Production and Emplacement Rates, Tempos, Timescales for Crustal Transport and Storage, and Eruptive Fluxes

Conveners: Christoph Beier, Michael Bizimis, Rebecca Lange, Stephen Turner

Keynote: Christy B. Till (Arizona State University)

There is increasing evidence that rates of melt generation in the mantle and rates of basalt emplacement into the crust vary not only between tectonic settings, but also within a single tectonic setting over time. How variations in the tempo of melt production and emplacement affect subsequent transport pathways through the crust, regions of storage, degree of differentiation, and eruptive fluxes are areas of active research. We encourage contributions that investigate the interplay between magmatic processes and timescales of magma evolution, including all aspects of magma production, emplacement rates, and how changes in tempo affect melt transport pathways and storage in the crust, degree of differentiation, and eruptive fluxes. Contributions that involve geochronology, mineral diffusion profiles, thermal modeling, crystal nucleation and growth rates, and other related topics are welcome.

Deadline is March 30th.

See : https://goldschmidt.info/2018/abstracts for additional details.

Best regards

Christoph, Michael, Rebecca and Stephen.

--
Christoph Beier
GeoZentrum Nordbayern

Germany