Hi all,

On behalf of lead convenor Tim Byrne, and co-convenors Asuka Yamaguchi, Kyoko Okino, and myself, I’d like to inform you about an upcoming session entitled "New perspectives on the geodynamics of East Asia” at the JpGU 2018 conference in Tokyo, Japan, on May 20-24, 2018.  Dr. Maria Seton of Sydney University Earthbyte Group is a confirmed invited speaker.

A session description and other information is below.  The abstract submission deadline is Feb 19, 2018.

Hope you can join us!

Jonny Wu

===

Session S-IT23 "New perspectives on the geodynamics of East Asia”:

http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2018/SessionList_en/detail/S-IT23.html

 The Pacific, Indo-Australia and Eurasian plates converge around the Philippine Sea plates in south and East Asia, resulting in one of the most tectonically active regions on earth. The area is also geologically and tectonically complex with numerous active tectonic environments, ranging from subduction to collision, and a long history of plate boundary interactions. The last decade has yielded a wide range of new observations, including detailed geologic data and high resolution crustal to mantle imaging. Here we seek oral and poster presentations that bear on the geologic history and geophysical character of modern and ancient plates in East Asia and their interactions since the Mesozoic. We also invite geodynamic models that integrate these diverse datasets into a more holistic view of this dynamic environment.

Convenors:
Tim Byrne, University of Connecticut
Asuka Yamaguchi, Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo
Jonny Wu, University of Houston
Kyoko Okino, Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo

Invited speaker:
Maria Seton, Sydney University Earthbyte Group

To submit: http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2018/index.php

==
Jonny Wu
Assistant Professor,