The Kennet & Avon Canal Trust, is seeking a Site Manager for Crofton Beam Engines, a Grade 1 listed site near Marlborough in Wiltshire with two early 19th century steam powered pumping engines.

You will be responsible for day-to-day site operation, maintenance and record-keeping of this Grade 1 listed Heritage Site and participate in the delivery of the Activity Plan for ‘Our Crofton Story’, a Heritage Lottery Funded project currently in its delivery phase.  During our open season you will be also be providing visitor services and working with our staff and volunteers to make sure that every visitor to Crofton has an enjoyable experience.  You will also keep the station and its facilities clean, safe and operational, together with making a major contribution to organising and running our events programme

Experience of working in a volunteer run and staffed organisation together with delivery of HLF-funded projects is essential.

Starting salary £18,231. On-site accommodation (provided free of charge and tax liability) is available by negotiation. Performance based increase of £1,000 after one year, and a second performance-based increase of £1,000 after a second year. The Site Manager is a full-time role, working 5 days a week throughout the year. Flexible and weekend working is required.

For full details please contact

Jean Cook,

Trust Administrator

The Kennet & Avon Canal Trust

Couch Lane

Devizes SN10 1EB

Email: [log in to unmask]

Applications must be received by  4:00 pm on Friday 23 February 2018 with CV and supporting letter.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +