Hi,

The Glasgow guidelines are good and useful but just a tip, there is a font
there which is recommended (7. Typology) that would not be suitable for
people with Irlens syndrome, potentially people who are visually impaired
or dyslexia, as its serif and italic, so linear spacing is too close
together.

Standards in relation to font size and type are available via the
Disability Co-operative Network in Museums
https://www.musedcn.org.uk/2017/01/12/accessible-text-standards-uk/  A
useful one is UKAAF which is with RNIB.

I can also advise with regard to barriers to text for people with
neurodiversity (dyslexia, dyspraxia, ASD etc) and Irlens syndrome as I've
worked for 5 years in this particular field as well as DCN.

If you were to use guidelines, consider coating, where the information will
be located, lighting and contrast. Also, large print availability in a sans
serif font and not to be over excessive with capital letters for signage.
Are you consulting with a local group regarding your accessibility
guidelines as this will also create champions for your exhibition and for
the guidelines themselves.

Do give me a ring or email off forum if I can be of any support.

With Best Wishes

--

*Becki Morris Member of the Steering Committee of Disability Co-operative
Network *Twitter:  @museumDCN