Hello all,

Are you based in Birmingham, or nearby? Do you work with young people aged 16-24?

Would any of those young people value the chance to help influence how the heritage sector works with young people, and how HLF supports this?

As part of our wider consultation on HLF’s role, vision and funding priorities for the next five years (see here if you haven’t taken part already!), we’re holding this event in Birmingham on  Tuesday 6 March.

Please do share with your young people, to encourage those that would be interested to register to attend. It’s a great opportunity to really have a voice on this important issue.

Young People influencing heritage

Tue 6 March 2018, 17:45 – 19:45 GMT

Impact Hub Birmingham, 58 Oxford Street B5 5NR (map)

Are you aged 16-25? Do you want to have your say on how money from the lottery can best help young people connect with their heritage?

From people’s memories to the history of music, from rare wildlife to the cultures that tell us who we are …The Heritage Lottery Fund uses money raised by National Lottery players to help people across the UK explore, enjoy and protect the heritage they care about.

We are hosting an evening event on Tuesday 6 March in central Birmingham to explore:

• How heritage can make a positive difference to your life?

• What encourages you to get involved?

• How you can have more of a say in shaping the opportunities and experiences heritage organisations offer?

Your voice will help us decide how lottery players money is spent and what we should prioritise for the next five years 2019-2014.

Book your place via this event page to have your say by 5pm, Wednesday 28 February;

We can't wait to hear from you.

Snacks and refreshments will be provided (dietary requirements will be catered for).

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/young-people-influencing-heritage-tickets-42719701778?ref=estw

Many thanks for your help in sharing this opportunity,

John

John McMahon
Programme Manager/Policy Adviser, Young People
Heritage Lottery Fund
4th Floor Carlton Tower

34 St. Paul’s Street

Leeds LS1 2QB

Phone: 0113 388 8046 / x6764

Mobile: 07813 536537

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.hlf.org.uk

Follow me on Twitter @JohnMcArtsEd, HLF @HeritageLottery, and join the discussions in our online community

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Claranet. The
http://www.claranet.co.uk
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +