Knots - just some ropes and some knots to tie - doesn't reset very well but is very simple
Pulleys - lifting a weight on different pulley systems
Cartesian diver - http://www.sciansell.co.uk/node/117
Slow wave exhibits - making waves on the junction between water and oil - https://www.thenakedscientists.com/get-naked/experiments/slow-waves
Telescopes - possibly have some way of changing lenses and the distance between them

If one were allowed power:
Some fans and some small land yachts, which you can sail across the fans and work out how sailing works.

Many water exhibits are beautiful, but a deep pain as the water will grow things if people can touch it, if it isn't changed regularly. Some could work in a pond outside.

Stability - different shapes of hull, and weight distributions and see how far you can tip them without falling over.
Propellers and paddle wheels - having a handle that turns a propeller or paddle wheel in water.
Comparing hull shapes for speed

There are probably many more

Dave Ansell