thank you for your answer.What is the difference using the matrix2 option then?
thanks

Francesco

On Feb 2, 2018 5:22 AM, "Michiel Cottaar" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Francesco,

The omatrix1 option gives you the connectivity matrix between your seed voxels. So if you set your mask of the thalamus as the seed mask, you would get a connectivity between the thalamic voxels (NxN matrix), not between the thalamic voxels and the cortical regions (Nx6 matrix). If you want the latter you should run probtrackx with the —os2t option and the —targetmasks=<filename>, where the filename is a text file containing the filenames of the 6 cortical masks (see https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FDT/UserGuide#Classification_targets for how to do this in the GUI).

Afterwards you could use the `find_the_biggest` command to segment the thalamus based on which cortical mask it is most likely to be connected to (see http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fslcourse/lectures/practicals/fdt2/index.html#conseg).

Best wishes,

Michiel