Hi Conor,

I think this error message isn't because of lack of overlap, but because the mask and the zstat image don't have the same size. This error should disappear if registration is performed, or if all images are put into some standard space. But if the masks actually don't overlap, then there will be a different error later as there would be nothing to be tested (i.e., the intersection would be an empty set of voxels).

By other methods I meant either not using a voxelwise test, replacing it for some region-based comparison or analysis, or reformulating the problem. Often if a test becomes impossible it's probably because the original question wasn't meaningful...

All the best,

Anderson