After installing wget, I noticed there was an option with the installer to reinstall and discard the currently installed version, which I tried.

Now I get a different error that I'm not sure how to interpret, below is the relevant output. I searched for "bash -x" in fslinstaller.py but it wasn't there. Also searched for it in build.log, but got no results.

--- FSL Installer - Version 3.0.11 ---

Performing post install tasks
Stage 1
By installing this python distribution you agree to the license terms in
/usr/local/fsl/fslpython/LICENSE.txt
100%
Stage 2
100%
100%
/usr/bin/env: bash -x: No such file or directory
Post install setup failed
[OK] Post installation setup complete
Setting up FSL software...
[OK] User profile updated with FSL settings, you will need to log out and back in to use the FSL tools.
To use FSLView please install the PNG12 and MNG libraries with: sudo yum install libpng12 libmng