Hi Rosalia,

Please see below:

On 20 February 2018 at 08:10, Rosalia Dacosta Aguayo <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear FSL's team,
>
> I have two experimental groups of patients (A and B). Based on previous
> findings, I would like to run a Paired One-Group Difference for every group
> separately. My question is twofold:
>
> 1. Is it statistically valid?

It can be valid.

> 2. The model to follow would be this, right?
> https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FEAT/UserGuide#Paired
> _Two-Group_Difference_.28Two-Sample_Paired_T-Test.29).

It can be if each subject has 2 measurements and you'd like to see if the
difference between these two measurements is, on average, different than
zero.

A paired t-test should not be used to compare groups.

All the best,

Anderson