Hi -

On 16 February 2018 at 16:36, Wu chen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear SPM experts,
> Dear FSL experts,
>
> I am trying to design an experiment with two conditions (Aggresive,
> Happiness ) In which each trial starts with a fixations cross for one
> second , stimulus appears for 2 seconds and then blank white screen  for
> nearly 10 seconds.
>
> 1) May i know if the duration after appearance of stimulus is enough to
> let BOLD response get back to baseline/normal state?

This should be just about adequate.

> 2) Is/are there any publications related to minimum Inter Trial Interval
> needed for event related designs?

Have a look at:
http://andysbrainblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/optseq-and-event-related-designs.html
http://imaging.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/imaging/DesignEfficiency

> 3) Is there a thumb rule to follow for the  "period " following the offset
> of stimulus and beginning of the next TRIAL?
>
> 4) May I know if the duration of Stimulus is enough for the BOLD response
> to occur?

Your duration is typical, but you really need to pilot the paradigm to be
certain - it will be very dependent on the specific stimulus I think.

Best

Eugene