Hi,
I just saw this article concerning "one of the world’s most significant giant squid fishing regions." Much apparent misleading confusion over common names for what is presumably Dosidicus gigas.

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/environment-sustainability/calamasur-seeks-sustainable-management-of-giant-squid-in-south-america?utm_source=informz&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=newsletter One of the squid experts listening in on FastMoll ought to drop a line to the people concerned and explain the differences among giant/jumbo/colossal squid. This is one of the reasons why we use scientific names, of course, but I didn't spot one in this article.

--

Best regards,
Ian.