Dear colleagues,

We invite paper and/or panel submissions to our section:

Activation and its Challenges: Investigating the Underexplored Dimensions of Active Labour Market Policies
At the ECPR General Conference in Hamburg, 22-25 August 2018

We want to enable the discussion of what we know about the effectiveness and shortcomings of ALMPs three decades after these started to diffuse. Moreover, we will advance the debate about what is required for these measures to successfully adapt to the new reality of changing labour markets. To this aim we welcome both qualitative and quantitative papers that provide an assessment of these measures, and discuss their suitability for the modern economy.

For more information on the panel and how to submit please consult the following link:
https://ecpr.eu/Events/SectionDetails.aspx?SectionID=695&EventID=115

Deadline for contributions is the 15th of February

We look forward to receiving many interesting paper

Best wishes
Fabienne Liechti  and Flavia Fossati

Flavia Fossati  | University of Lausanne & nccr - on the move

Bātiment IDHEAP | CH-1015 Lausanne +41(0) 21 692 68 95

New articles:

Fossati, Flavia (forthcoming) "How regimes shape preferences. A study of political actors`labour market policy preferences in flexicurity and dualizing countries", Socio-Economic Review, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ser/mwx040.

Fossati, Flavia (2017) "Who wants demanding active labour market policies? Public Attitudes towards policies that put pressure on the unemployed", Journal of Social Policy. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0047279417000216.

Liechti, Fabienne, Fossati, Flavia, Bonoli, Giuliano and Auer, Daniel (2017) “The signalling value of labour market programs”, European Sociological Review, 33 (2): 257-274, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/esr/jcw061.