Hello,

At Kingston we are looking at moving to e-only for our Research level theses (Masters of Research and above).

One question we have is regarding how to handle theses where the full version cannot be posted online (containing 3rd party copyright/creative works such as writing or music (created by the student) etc...).

For example, do you require a paper copy in these instances or have a full electronic copy held somewhere other than the Institutional Repository?

Up until now it has not been an issue as there was the full paper copy available for consultation.

I'd be very interested to know how other institutions deal with this.

Thanks in advance

Katrina

Katrina Clifford
Senior Information Advisor (Bibliographic and Metadata)
Digital Services
Library and Learning Services
Penrhyn Road LRC
Kingston University
Kingston-upon-Thames
KT1 2EE

Telephone number: 020 8417 6487

Kingston University Research Repository -
visit http://eprints.kingston.ac.uk