Hi all

There are three jobs currently being advertised at King's College London: a Senior Lecturer/Reader in Human Geography, a Professor of Geocomputation, and a Lecturer in Physical and Environmental Geography.

Please contact the Head of Department, Dr Mark Mulligan ([log in to unmask]) if you're interested in any of these roles.

Senior Lecturer/Reader in Human Geography - A8R/DAR/0206/18-SB
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=78562
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BHO741/senior-lecturer-or-reader-in-human-geography

The Department of Geography, King’s College London, invites applications for the post of Senior Lecturer/ Reader in Human Geography with interests in either urban or development geography. We are seeking applicants with an outstanding track-record of research, publications and external funding relative to career stage, and who have the ability to demonstrate a clear leadership trajectory in research and teaching. In particular, we seek applicants whose work contributes to the human geography of development and/or urbanism that complements and/or extends that of the Department’s Contested Development Research Domain and/or Urban Futures Research Domain. Applications are particularly sought from those whose work has contributed to furthering an understanding of: critical approaches to development; urban environments and geographies of the global south; urban cultural geography; urban geographies of development; cities and sustainable development, geopolitics or tourism and development.

Professor of Geocomputation (A9/DAR/0205/18-LS)
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BHL612/professor-of-geocomputation
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=78600

The Department of Geography, King’s College London, invites applications for the post of Professor of Geocomputation to further our investment in strengthening and deepening our research profile in this area, and in education and the student experience. We seek internationally-distinguished applicants with an outstanding track-record in research, publications, funding, leadership and teaching.

Applications are particularly sought from those whose work has contributed to furthering understanding of geographical systems, patterns and phenomena through computational approaches to analysis and modelling, potentially through the use of cutting-edge free and open source tools. These approaches may include agent-based or other simulation-based modelling, spatial statistical analyses (including Bayesian) techniques, or advanced and innovative spatial data analysis and visualization techniques. Work in domains that have clear and present policy relevance or have a demonstrable impact on wider society are especially welcome.  Research areas with links to those of the Geocomputation group in the Department, other Departments of the School of Global Affairs, the CUSP London Initiative or the new King’s Business School are particularly welcome

Lecturer in Physical and Environmental Geography - A67/DAR/0207/18-SB
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=78564
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BHO734/lecturer-in-physical-and-environmental-geography

The Department of Geography, King’s College London, seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Physical and Environmental Geography. The appointed candidate will promote research excellence through high quality publications and research grant applications and will be an integral member of the academic staff, enhancing student experience by teaching physical geography across undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. You should be able to demonstrate active research activity in areas of relevance to the Environmental Dynamics Research Domain. We welcome applications from any substantive area of quantitative physical geography, but especially the fields of urban climate and urban environment, global environmental change, climate science or applied hydrology & geomorphology.  Candidates with an interest in London as a field site for research and education are particularly sought as are those that can make links beyond the Department, for example in the School of Population Health & Environmental Sciences or with relevant environment-focused governmental and non-governmental organisations based in London. Ideally, the applicant should also be able to collaborate with our social science and geocomputation research domains, for example as physical geographers in interdisciplinary research projects.