Hello,

I hope this is okay to share here, I have been asked to circulate this
job information to networks that might be interested.

Depaul UK is a charity that works with people who have experienced
homelessness, they are currently recruiting for 4 newly created regional
posts in; London and South East, North East, North West and South
Yorkshire.  The role is for a Mental Health and Wellbeing Manager
details can be found here
https://uk.depaulcharity.org/about-us/current-vacancies.

We worked with them thanks to a Big Lottery funded project to develop a
wellbeing programme where we consulted with staff and young people in
the North East to ask what, if anything they would like...initially we
were approached to develop a depression or anxiety course and the result
was a six week interactive course focussed on building resilience, wider
awareness about wellbeing and coping strategies.  We also wrote up the
pilot evaluation- all materials and the evaluation can be found here and
are freely available if anyone is interested
https://www.getmindfuel.co.uk/projects.

The reason I add the blurb is because from my experience there was a lot
of motivation to recognise the emotional impact of individuals
situations and to work collaboratively to explore alternative ways to
address this without pathologising the normal response to the very
difficult situations people found themselves in. As such I imagine these
are roles with great scope to be developed and to look at alternative
ways of making sense of distress.

I hope you might consider sharing amongst your networks too.

Best wishes

Sammy

--

Dr Samantha Man CPsychol