From: "Laurence Pearl" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, 26 February, 2018 23:45:01
Subject: [ccpem] How to kill a Zombie RELION job

I launched a Class2D job from the RELION GUI, with ‘experimental’ MPI settings, which then produced an MPI error. The job then hangs and fails to produce any further output, nor does it finish. Selecting the job from the ‘Running Jobs’ list and trying to mark it as finished, produced a message telling me I can’t mark it as finished as it hasn’t started - do I want to delete it instead. However selecting delete just hangs the GUI. No actual Class2D job is running on the computer, and deleting the folder for the zombie job has no effect. I’m guessing that it lives on in the default_pipeline file and /or some of the hidden files, but I don’t understand the layout of these well enough to fiddle with them.

Any suggestions how to slay this zombie so I can start again with more conservative MPI settings ?

Laurence

Laurence H. Pearl PhD FRS FMedSci

Professor of Structural Biology
Genome Damage and Stability Centre
University of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RQ, UK

Phone +44-(0)1273 678 349
"Live Modestly and do Serious Things .. "
- Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin