Hi Valérie,

When you say "returned no result", it sounds like you were not running it as intended;

  1. you need to add the flag --gpu to use GPUs.
  2. You normally run with MPI to parallellize work. If you do, you need to use relion_refine_mpi, not relion_refine
  3. You can also parallelize with threads, using the --j flag to specify how many threads.

Relion will output files every iteration which can be used to continue a job. --continue fileName_it010_optimiser.star will for instance continue from the 10th iteration.

My advice is to use something like

mpirun -n 3 relion_refine_mpi --gpu --j 8 <all other flags>

for a run on a single node with 2 GPUs, or

mpirun -n 5 relion_refine_mpi --gpu --j 4 <all other flags>

on  a node with 4 GPUs. You should not need more than one node at first. My advise is to try on one node and work your way up to more hardware if you think you need it.

Happy computing!

/Björn