Hi Tian,

It's data related. Likely your images drifted translationally too far, since they were initially picked off-center. Try re-extracting with re-centering enabled with the data star-file of the last iteration in the 2D classification that crashed.

In the next RELION version this issue will be handled internally and the hard crash replaced with a warning.

Best,
Dari

I'm working on 2D classification by Relion. But I constantly got the error message below: Then the calculation stops.

WARNING: Exception (filteredSize == 0) handled by switchign to fail-safe mode.
WARNING: Exception (filteredSize == 0) handled by switchign to fail-safe mode.
WARNING: Exception (filteredSize == 0) handled by switchign to fail-safe mode.
WARNING: Exception (filteredSize == 0) handled by switchign to fail-safe mode.
WARNING: Exception (filteredSize == 0) handled by switchign to fail-safe mode.
Array_byarray:different shapes (*)
File: /programs/x86_64-linux/relion/2.0.3_cu8.0/src/multidim_array.h line:2899

I never see this error before. I'm wondering if this is related to GPU or something else, and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Tian