Luke that is often touted as to an excuse me as to why the Great Poet had political views that would embarrass Donald Trump but you need look no further than the official art of Stalinism, Nazism or Maoism to see that bad politics is no unwitting provider of great art. I suspect the unfortunate problem is that most artists, poets included, and here we a surety of poetry as an art, whether good or bad, are of a rather egocentric persuasion, please note I do write 'most' not 'all', and the donning of the mantle of Legislator, Unacknowledged, by the Hierophants of Their Own Voice will often have sad or nasty or laughable or sinister results.

dave