I suppose slippery slope is too much an "ethical" term. I just fail to see how anyone is committed to Wordsworth being a modernist if Baudelaire was, that the world is so stupid it can't differentiate between two different antecedents of something.

Cheers,
Luke

On 7 February 2018 at 17:57, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'd agree that one is more likely to see emphasis on their role as serving as a foundation of modernism than identifying them as modernists. I might be better considering them less definitively modern.

> You could take it to extremes and say that Wordsworth was a modernist

The slippery slope argument is a fallacy.

Anyway, my point was that I thought Baudelaire's antagonism to modernity was something very many modernists shared in

>> modernists such as Baudelaire are often said to be antagonistic to modernity

Of course I didn't mean he was an English language high modernist.

Luke