That's a nice try, Luke, but not all writings (nor writers) aspire to be on good terms with readers: variously they shout, harangue, lecture, sneer, spit, lie and shake a fist in the direction of an audience. Some might even commit suicide in full view, while others are intent on picking the reader's pockets. A great many set out to bamboozle or intellectually swindle. There's as much fraud in poetry as MP's expense accounts.

david