Happy New Year

On behalf of the 27th WFTC 2018 Conference Committee, I have the pleasure of providing you all with the ‘advanced notice flyer’ for the WFTC Conference to be held later this year (October) in Bangkok.

As WFTC Federation partners I am requesting that your Federations takes a lead in distributing this flyer to your members that we get as much coverage amongst your membership as possible.

A Scientific  Committee will be formed soon and a call for abstracts will be announced in the near future. Aside from the conference consisting of Plenary, Major and afternoon topic sessions; a training session will be offered on the last day (if enough interest is shown) and also  a special TC Training session for our Thai TC members will be conducted on site at  PMNIDAT TC – Bangkok (Princess Mother National Institute on Drug Addiction Treatment) the day after the conference concludes (Friday 2 November). We will be looking for volunteer trainers to help out with this activity, please advise if you can help.

Also, I would like to request of you to provide recommendations for Plenary Speakers/Presenters that  are consistent with our  conference theme  “Therapeutic Communities – Global Perspectives” and other innovations we can share with our Global TC Membership.

Over the coming weeks I’m sure we will see much cross posting of this flyer as we start pushing it out via various bulletin boards and networks but we wanted to make sure your members hear it first from their respective Federation Peak Associations.

We have block booked rooms at the Conference Venue hotel and the Hotel Booking Codes will be included in our next communication.

If you would like a Word Version of the attached template to translate for members in your Federation/Region, please let me know and I will forward it to you.

On behalf of the WFTC Conference Committee, we look forward to your support and hopefully see you in Bangkok.

Regards

Garth

Garth Popple

WFTC Conference Chair

WFTC Deputy President

World Federation of Therapeutic Communities (WFTC)

WFTC (500x181) (2)

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2016/17
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.